Be smart, be safe! Contact our Asbestos Testing Newcastle Team now and get a free quote!
Ensure a safe working and living space today!
Asbestos materials can have negative effects on your property’s value. If you believe you have asbestos materials on your property, contact Asbestos Watch Newcastle today for a safe and quick asbestos test.
When you hire Asbestos Watch Newcastle, expect only the best services!
- Our Asbestos Testing Newcastle Team have years of experiences in performing asbestos sampling and testing.
- We offer complete and comprehensive asbestos testing and removal services starting at sample collection through to the complete disposal of asbestos waste in a legal facility.
- Our Asbestos Testing Newcastle Team employ modern equipment for quantitative and qualitative analysis of asbestos.
- All works performed adhere strictly to local, state, and national regulations.
- The Asbestos Testing Newcastle Team have worked on numerous residential, government, and commercial properties. We always pay attention to detail to ensure that the asbestos testing process performed in a safe, quick and easy manner.
- Our Asbestos Testing Newcastle Team will always provide you with exceptional quality services at value prices.
There is no job that is too large or complex for us! Our Asbestos Testing Newcastle Team will take care of everything; from sampling, testing, to site decontamination. Asbestos Watch Newcastle will ensure a safe living and working space for your family or employees.
Asbestos could be anywhere in your property
Before the ban on asbestos came into effect in 2003, this harmful material was extensively used in commercial, public, and residential buildings in Australia. In Newcastle, asbestos can still be found in many different products including thermal insulation, fireproofing, electrical insulation, and building materials. Some residential and industrial buildings were either renovated or built using commercial products that contain asbestos materials. In fact, these products were still being used in Newcastle until the late 1990s.
Asbestos threat on property’s value
The disclosure of asbestos-containing material within a property should become mandatory, according to one of NSW’s peak real estate bodies. The Real Estate Institute of New South Wales (REINSW) proposed that the state government should have a special task force to develop a statewide plan for the management and removal of asbestos in NSW. This would include requiring property owners or real estate agents to disclose to any potential buyers whether a property contains asbestos materials or not.
If you intend to sell a property built before the 1990s, it is likely that it will contain asbestos. It is difficult to tell whether a material is asbestos or not just by looking at it. It is something that only asbestos testing can do. A thorough analysis by a licensed assessor can identify potential asbestos-containing material within your property.
UNSURE IF YOUR PROPERTY CONTAINS ASBESTOS?
Then, you need to get in touch with us immediately to perform asbestos testing.
Asbestos Watch Newcastle is a reliable company that can conduct thorough asbestos testing in commercial, government, and residential buildings. Our Asbestos Testing Newcastle Team of experts will perform asbestos testing by a thorough inspection of your property starting at the ceiling to beneath the floor.
3 main reasons why you need to seek help from a licensed professional to perform asbestos testing:
Reason #1: asbestos material was widely used in NSW
More than 2500 products containing asbestos were used in construction, including:
- Drywall compounds and textured ceilings used on ceiling and wall joints
- Insulation between 1930 and 1950.
- Artificial embers and ashes sold for use in fireplaces may contain asbestos.
- Floors and walls around wood burning stoves may be protected with asbestos paper, cement sheets, or millboard.
- Vinyl floor tiles and adhesives may contain asbestos.
- Steam and hot water pipes in older residential buildings may be coated with an asbestos material or coated with an asbestos tape.
- Fencing products.
- Coal and oil furnaces and gaskets may have asbestos insulation.
Reason #2: Asbestos can diminish property’s value
Studies reveal that the presence of asbestos affects property’s value. The market value of a property with asbestos is 10-30% lower than a comparable property that is free from asbestos materials. Here are more interesting findings:
- On average, it takes 8 months longer to sell a property with asbestos-containing material than a property without that material.
- Rental properties that have asbestos-containing material take 4.88 months longer to be filled than a rental property without the material.
- The rental rates for properties with asbestos-containing materials are comparably lower than properties without the material; retail buildings (8-10%), industrial buildings (6-10%), office buildings (11-12%).
- The operating expenses for properties with asbestos are comparably higher than properties without asbestos; retail properties (5-7%), industrial properties (3-4%), office properties (7-8%).
If you know that your property contains those life threatening material, don’t panic. Contact asbestos removal Newcastle to save the life of your family. Always be smart and be safe.
Exceptional quality services for asbestos testing
When you believe that your property has asbestos, get in touch with Asbestos Watch Newcastle for asbestos testing service.
Here are services offered by us:
Service #1: Sample collection
Our Asbestos Testing Newcastle Team will perform sampling carefully to make sure that your building occupants are not exposed to asbestos materials.
Service #2: A thorough analysis of asbestos
Our Asbestos Testing Newcastle Team will perform all asbestos testing under national and local standards for qualitative and quantitative assessment of the asbestos material.
Service #3: Disposal of asbestos waste to an EPA-approved landfill site
Asbestos waste must be disposed of at an EPA-approved landfill site that can accept asbestos materials. Our Asbestos Testing Newcastle Team will perform all works related to the disposal of asbestos waste in accordance with current regulations and guidelines. The waste will be transported to the landfill site by using an EPA-approved vehicle.
Disposal site for asbestos in Newcastle: recyclingnearyou.com.au
When it comes to asbestos testing, it is best to contact Asbestos Watch Newcastle! Call our Asbestos Testing Newcastle Team today and request a free quote.